Consortium Loan Service
Borrowing and Lending among WRLC Libraries
The Consortium Loan Service (CLS) provides eligible borrowers with materials not available at the Catholic University libraries. See WRLC Borrowing Policies for circulation details.
- Patrons with CUA undergraduate, graduate, faculty, faculty associate, and staff privileges may use CLS.
- Circulating books not owned by CUA. The books must display the status Available in the WRLC Libraries Catalog.
- Articles from journals and reference books not owned by CUA. The articles must be less than 50 pages.
- Books and journals owned by CUA that are shelved at the WRLC Center or are missing, lost, or charged.
- Please note: Requests from CUA patrons for CUA items will not be processed.
- Click on myALADIN on the library home page.
- Type your Patron ID and Last Name.
- Go to Patron Information and E-mail Registration and click on Edit.
- Select CLS Requests and Web Document Delivery and click on Update.
- Go back to the Patron Information and E-mail Registration page. Type your e-mail address in the text box (Make sure that Web delivery is not disabled.) and click on Update E-mail.
- Search for your item (book or journal) in the WRLC Libraries Catalog (http://catalog.wrlc.org).
- Click on the title that is owned by a library other than CUA and confirm that the item is available or that the volume is owned.
- Click on the yellow Request box, enter the barcode from your Cardinal Card (student ID), and select "Catholic" as the institution. Enter your last name and click on Login.
- Verify that the Library for Pickup is Catholic U. - Mullen Library.
- Complete the form as directed. For articles fill in the Vol/Issue/Date, Article Title/Author, and Article Pages fields.
- Enter your Patron ID and click on Submit Request.
- You will be notified by e-mail if the item requested is ineligible for CLS. Requests for ineligible items are cancelled.
- You also may check the status of a request in myALADIN 30 to 45 minutes after you submit the request. Go to Consortium Loan Services Activity and click on View.
- When a request is ready you will be notified by e-mail.
- Consortium loan requests usually take three to five business days, but they may take longer. Please plan ahead.
- Books are delivered to the Circulation Desk of Mullen Library and held for ten days.
- Articles are sent via Web delivery. To download or print them, go to the Consortium Loan Services Activity section of myALADIN. To retrieve articles click on View, next to Web Document Delivery.
- Articles that do not copy well may be sent in print to Mullen Library, where they are held for ten days.
- Yes, you may renew CLS material through myALADIN, under the WRLC Libraries Activity section.
- Click on George Mason and Georgetown to renew items from those libraries.
American University (AU)
Catholic University (CU)
Gallaudet University (GA)
George Mason University (GM)
Georgetown University (GT)
George Washington University (GW)
Howard University (HU)
Marymount University (MU)
Trinity College (TR)
University of the District of Columbia (DC)
WRLC Center (WR)
Call 202-319-5060, fill out the Contact Form, or stop by the Circulation Desk in Mullen Library.