Consortium Loan Service (CLS)
Borrowing and Lending among WRLC Libraries
Through the Consortium Loan Service (CLS), eligible library users may borrow library materials, not available in the University Libraries at CUA, from the University Libraries partner libraries in the Washington Research Library Consortium. See WRLC Borrowing Policies for circulation details.
Who may use CLS?
- CUA undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, faculty associates, and staff with library privileges may use CLS.
What is available to borrow?
- Circulating books not owned by CUA. The books must display the status Available in the WRLC Libraries Catalog.
- Articles from journals and reference books not owned by CUA. The articles must be less than 50 pages.
- Books and journals owned by CUA that are shelved at the WRLC Center or are missing, lost, or charged.
How can I check the status of my request?
- To check the status of a request, login to My Library Account and click on Requests.
- You will be notified by e-mail if the item requested is ineligible for CLS. Requests for ineligible items are cancelled. When a request is ready you will be notified by e-mail.
Which libraries participate in CLS?
American University (AU)
Catholic University (CU)
Gallaudet University (GA)
George Mason University (GM)
Georgetown University (GT)
George Washington University (GW)
Howard University (HU)
Marymount University (MU)
University of the District of Columbia (DC)
WRLC Center (WR)
Who do I contact if I still have questions?
Call 202-319-5060, or email email@example.com.