Before you submit a request: things to know
- This service is only for CUA faculty, students and staff.
- Students at the Columbus School of Law submit ILL requests at the DuFour Law Library (http://www.law.edu/library).
- Those library users who are not affiliated with CUA submit ILL requests either through their school, business, or local public library.
- Other libraries submit their ILL request via OCLC or direct contact with the CUA ILL staff (202-319-5063).
- Before submitting a request, check the WRLC Libraries Catalog to see if the item(s) you need is available in the Washington Research Libraries Consortium. If it is, you will receive the material more quickly if you request it via Consortium Loan Service (CLS); submit a CLS request by selecting the "Request" link on the right side of the item record in the catalog.
- Fill in and submit one form for each book or article you want. Three requests/day is the maximum permissible requests from one library user.
How to submit an ILL request
- Go to the ILL form online at: http://www.aladin.wrlc.org/Z-WEB/ILLAuthClient or locate the form through My Library Account. If you have difficulty logging in to My Library Account, phone 202-319-5063.
- Fill in the form completely. Requests may be returned to you if information is omitted.
After you submit your request: things to know
- The interlibrary loan staff at the Mullen Library provides interlibrary loan and document delivery services for the CUA library system. Materials may be picked up anytime the circulation desk is open. More information about CUA circulation policies is available on the CUA Libraries site or by calling the Access Services Department at 202-319-5060.
- Borrowing fees: A few libraries do charge for lending materials and we will cover up to $30 for those items; in the rare instance that the lending library's fee exceeds $30, a CUA staff member will email you to see if you wish to pay the additional cost.
- Processing time: On average, requests are filled within a week. Our staff will contact you when the requested item arrives or if the request could not be filled.
- Loan period: The loan period for an ILL item is set by the lending library, and typically ranges from two to four weeks from the date the item is receives at CUA.
- Overdue fines: Failure to return an item by its due date may result in a fine or temporary suspension of your library privileges. Fines and penalties for overdue and overdue recalled interlibrary loan items are the same as fines and penalties for overdue CUA items.
- Renewals: Renewals are an exception. Request a renewal by bringing the item to the interlibrary loan staff at Mullen Library's circulation desk, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 202-319-5060 before the due date. One-time renewals are made at the discretion of the lending library. A tentative due date is assigned until the renewal is approved.