- Borrowing privileges
- Fines and fees
- Reserve materials
- Location of materials
- Requesting materials from other libraries
- myALADIN : accessing your library account online
- Photocopying in the Eng/Arch Library
- Wireless printing
|Faculty (CUA Full-Time)||One year|
|Faculty (Associate)||One semester|
|CUA Alumni||3 weeks|
|Consortium Patrons||4 weeks|
For more information please see Borrowing Privileges
Fines and fees
- Patrons who do not return books by their due dates and time are assessed fines and fees. If a patron has overdue materials and/or excessive fines and fees, he/she may not check out any new materials until the overdue materials are returned and/or paid for.
- Reserve, two-hour and seven-day loans have fines of 1 cent per minute.
- Overdue fines for regular loans are $.25 a day. There is a three day grace period for books returned within this time frame; if a book is returned after that, the full $.25 per day must be paid.
- Payment of fines and fees may be made in Eng/Arch Library 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. During all other times, payment of fines and fees must be made at Access Services in Mullen Library.
- For more detailed information about borrowing materials, visit Circulation and Borrowing.
- Reserve books are shelved in the Eng/Arch Library stacks. To find a call number, consult the Course Reserves, or search the WRLC Libraries Catalog.
- If you would like to borrow reserve materials from the library, you may check them out using your I.D. card, for a limited time period. However, some materials cannot be removed from the library.
- Most reserve articles are located online and may be downloaded and printed from Blackboard (on the ALADIN webpage.) Your instructor will give you a password to access E-Reserves for your specific course.
Location of materials
- For assistance locating materials in the Eng/Arch Library, consult the Location Guide.
Requesting materials from other libraries
- CUA is a member of WRLC (Washington Research Library Consortium). CUA students faculty and staff may request delivery of articles and books from WRLC Libraries, using a valid library barcode, directly from the WRLC Libraries Catalog (accessible from the ALADIN webpage.)
- Graduate students and faculty may request materials unavailable from the WRLC Libraries by filling out the Interlibrary Loan form.
myALADIN : accessing your library account online
- To log on to myALADIN, you will need to enter your library barcode number and last name.
- Log on to myALADIN (available from the ALADIN webpage) to : Renew books online, Track the status of consortium loan requests, View fines and fees, ...And more.
Photocopying in the Eng/Arch Library
- The Eng/Arch Library has one photocopier, with 8 1/2 x 11 and 11 x 17 paper.
- To make copies, you will need to buy a copy card from the copy card dispenser in the Eng/Arch Library. This machine takes bills only, no coins. Photocopies cost $0.10 per page.