Reference & Instructional Services sponsors library research consultations and workshops for Catholic University students, faculty, and staff. Participants learn principles of library research, techniques for efficient identification of research materials, and methods for evaluating sources.
Tours of the campus libraries and sessions concentrating on the resources of a particular department of the CUA Libraries may be held in those areas. If you are interested in arranging such a workshop, please feel free to contact that department directly.
- These workshops are available in all subject areas, for undergraduate and graduate courses. The exercises and discussion may be designed to provide a general introduction to library research or assist students with course assignments. Note: These sessions are arranged by faculty request.
- Groups of three or more students may request a workshop in any discipline. For a general introduction to library research, or to learn about resources relevant to your specific research needs, consider scheduling a library research workshop.
- Individual consultations are designed for CUA Students, Faculty, and Staff to learn how to use the library's WRLC Catalog, article databases, online dictionaries and encyclopedias, and full-text electronic journals. Consultations are tailored to your research needs and last about an hour.
To identify the reference librarian in your subject area, please check the list of subject librarians
To obtain more information, or request a consultation:
- Use our web Contact Form;
- Contact Joan Stahl at 202-319-6473 or ; or
- Stop by the Information Desk on the first floor of Mullen Library.