Fines and fees
Requesting materials from other libraries
myALADIN : accessing your library account online
Photocopying in the Physics Library
- To check out materials, all CUA or WRLC students, faculty and staff must present a valid school I.D. card. All CUA patrons must visit Mullen Library Access Services to register their I.D. cards before they may check out books in campus libraries.
- Regular monographs from Physics may be checked out for the following time periods:
- undergraduate : 4 weeks
- graduate : until the end of the semester
- faculty : one year
- Periodicals may be checked out of the library for two hours.
- See myALADIN for information about renewing materials online.
- For more detailed information about Borrowing Privileges and Circulation see http://libraries.cua.edu/access/circsvcs.html.
- Patrons who do not return books by their due dates and time are assessed fines and fees. If a patron has overdue materials and/or excessive fines and fees, he/she may not check out any new materials until the overdue materials are returned and/or paid for.
- Reserve, two-hour and seven-day loans have fines of 1 cent per minute.
- Overdue fines for regular loans are $.25 a day. There is a three day grace period for books returned within this time frame; if a book is returned after that, the full $.25 per day must be paid.
- Payment of fines and fees must be made at Access Services in Mullen Library.
- For more detailed information about borrowing materials, visit the Access Services webpage at: http://libraries.cua.edu/access/circpriv.html
- Reserve books are shelved behind the circulation desk.. To find a call number, consult the Course Reserves, or search the WRLC Libraries Catalog.
- If you would like to borrow reserve materials from the library, you may check them out using your I.D. card, for a limited time period. However, some materials cannot be removed from the library.
- Most reserve articles are located online and may be downloaded and printed from Blackboard (on the ALADIN webpage.) Your instructor will give you a password to access E-Reserves for your specific course.
- CUA is a member of WRLC (Washington Research Library Consortium). CUA students faculty and staff may request delivery of articles and books from WRLC Libraries, using a valid library barcode, directly from the WRLC Libraries Catalog (accessible from the ALADIN webpage.)
- Graduate students and faculty may request materials unavailable from the WRLC Libraries by filling out the Interlibrary Loan form on the web at: http://libraries.cua.edu/access/ill.html
- To log on to myALADIN, you will need to enter your library barcode number and last name.
- Log on to myALADIN (available from the ALADIN webpage) to : Renew books online, Track the status of consortium loan requests, View fines and fees, ...And more.
- The Physics Library does not have a photocopier, however there is one in the Physics Department Office located in Hannan Hall for limited use.