To view library hours, please visit http://libraries.cua.edu/about/hours.cfm.
To view library locations, please visit http://libraries.cua.edu/about/collecs.cfm.
Permits are required for parking on the campus of The Catholic University of America.
Metered visitor parking is available in front of the John K. Mullen of Denver Memorial Library and the along the east side of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. The rate for a space is $2 per hour up to a maximum of three hours. The pay stations accept major credit cards as well as $1 and $5 bills. Parking in these locations is free and unrestricted between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. and on weekends.
Members of the University community are required to pay at metered spaces; those members of the University community who have University parking permits may park in non-metered spaces as long as their University parking permit is displayed.
Vehicles with state-issued handicapped tags or placards are exempt from fees. Vehicles displaying a University parking permit along with a state-issued handicapped tag or permit are also exempt.
Additional metered parking is available along John McCormack Drive on the east side of campus. Free street parking for up to three hours is available on Harewood Road along the west side of campus. Parking along both roads is free and unrestricted between 6:30 p.m. and 7 a.m. and on weekends.
For more information about parking at CUA, visit http://publicsafety.cua.edu/vehicle.cfm.
Entering and Exiting Mullen Library
A valid photo ID must be presented to enter the John K. Mullen of Denver Memorial Library. Members of the CUA community may swipe their Cardinal Cards at the gate for access. All other visitors must sign in.
All bags are subject to inspection upon exiting the library.
A wheelchair-accessible entrance is located at the rear of the building.
Food and Drink Policy
Beverages in twist-top bottles or spill-proof containers are permitted. Light snacks are allowed. Alcohol is prohibited in the University Libraries. Please read Food and Drink Policy for more details.
Vending machines are located on the Garden Level of Mullen Library. A cafeteria, food court, and convenience store are located in the Edward J. Pryzbyla University Center, and several restaurants are located along the 600 and 700 blocks of Monroe Street NE.
From the Campus Smoke-Free Policy:
Smoking is prohibited in all University buildings, facilities and other enclosed areas owned, operated or leased by the Catholic University of America, including but not limited to academic, administrative, dining, residential, athletic, recreational, service and mixed use building or facilities, and all University vehicles. This smoke-free policy applies to all indoor air space including all common areas (such as classrooms, lounges, restrooms, study areas, stairways and parking garages) and all individually assigned spaces (such as offices).
Smoking is not permitted within 25 feet of an entrance or window of any building.
Children in the Libraries
Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when visiting the University Libraries. Library staff may not be asked to monitor unattended children. For more information, please see the Children in Libraries Policy.
Public Computer Use Guidelines
- The public computers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. However, during periods of heavy use, priority will be given to students, faculty, and staff of the University followed by visiting researchers.
- The use of headphones at the public computers is prohibited.
- The open viewing of pornographic material is prohibited in the University Libraries.
- The University is not responsible for any loss or damage of data at the public computers, including loss or damage due to network interruptions or the use of external data storage devices. Library staff cannot assist with the recovery of lost data.
- Library staff will not make any changes to the public computers' settings or configurations. The computers must be used as-is.
- There is no printing available to the general public.
Printing and Copying
Photocopy machines are available on all three floors of the John K. Mullen of Denver Memorial Library and in each campus library location.
- Copies cost $0.10 per page. A Cardinal Card or generic copy card with a pre-loaded value is required to use the copier.
- Copy card vending machines are located on the second and third floors of Mullen Library and in the Music Library in Ward Hall. Cards cost $1.
- Instructions for purchasing cards and adding value are posted above each vending machine.
- For assistance with purchasing copy cards or using the photocopy machines, please visit the Information Desk.
Do not leave backpacks, laptops, purses, or valuables unattended. Items left unattended may be turned over to the Department of Public Safety.
All visitors to the John K. Mullen of Denver Memorial Library are welcome to use the study spaces available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Study spaces cannot be reserved. Unless otherwise posted, the study spaces in Mullen Library allow a different level of noise depending upon the floor. Talking is permitted on the first and second floors. The third floor is silent-study only.
Additional study spaces are available in the campus libraries.